Choosing Your Baby Carrier
What should I look for when buying a baby carrier?
Very simple: make sure your baby is just as comfortable as in your arms. If you carry your baby in your arms, no one wonders whether your baby is comfortable. Make sure the baby carrier gives exactly the same comfort and support!
With any type of baby carrier, ensure that it offers the right support:
- The fabric should be spread open all the way from knee to knee. This ensures your baby is sitting in the ergonomic M-position.
- Baby’s back should be rounded rather than arched - this is the most natural position.
- Baby should be high enough and close enough to kiss (“kissing distance”)
- The baby carrier should be comfortable, not too loose or too tight
And when selecting a sling, also look for:
- Easy adjustment, comfortable fit for all sizes.
- Quick and easy to put on.
- Option of carrying your baby in various positions.
- Baby’s weight distributed evenly over the parent’s chest, back and hips.
- Soft and preferably organic fabric.